Friday, June 27, 2008

The Shopping Experience

When someone mentioned that the customer service level in Australia was appalling...I couldn't believe it until I encountered it myself.

On the first week of arriving, we need to subscribe to the local mobile network so that we can use mobile for local usage. We queued at the Vodafone shop so that we could subscribe. We were at the shop slightly before 4.30pm. After waiting for 15 minutes...as there were one other customer ahead of us in the queue, we told that by the sales representative that they cannot process our application as it was already 4.45pm and they are closed at 5.00pm. They needed more than 30 minutes to process my application for a new line so....they chose to send me away and asked me to come back another day!

Talk about being hungry for business....competitiveness.......customer service....these words are not in the vocabulary of the sales representative......and not suprising that such similar attitudes could be/are exhibited elsewhere in Australia.

No comments: